Get Involved and Share Your Voice in HCASC This Year!Thu, 09/15/2022 - 9:04am
The Howard County Association of Student Councils (HCASC) welcomes ALL middle and high school students to monthly, student lead meetings.
HCASC meetings provide students the opportunity to:
- Grow and practice the habits of heart and mind it takes to serve as engaged and informed citizens
- Collaborate with student and community leaders from across HCPSS
- Discuss current events impacting HCPSS students
- Share knowledge based, actionable feedback and ideas directly with the Student Member of the Board of Education (SMOB) and other HCPSS leaders
- Pair students with actionable steps they can take to achieve their goals, such as:
- Collaborate with their school-based administrators
- Provide testimony to elected officials
- Connect to HCPSS staff, community organizations, or an elected official,
- Join one of our committees where they can work to bring their ideas to life in Howard County
This year, HCASC will pilot a new meeting structure bringing HCASC to each of our school communities through both monthly Genral Assembly meetings and Quarterly Listen and Learn sessions where students can share actionable and knowledge-based feedback with HCPSS. Details on the first General Assembly meeting of the 2022-23 school year, being held on Sept. 21 at at 7 p.m., can be found online.